Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2008

HE PAID YOUR DEBTS

3 comments
 

Billy, a 19 year old young man had just secured an admission into one of the top universities in Australia, where it very much seem like a dream come through. First of all, the dream of becoming free one day, from his parents and then a step closer to his ambition of becoming a medical doctor. He was very happy at this decided to tell all his friends he would be leaving for Australia for his tertiary studies. They all rejoiced with him and of course told him how much they would miss him.

He got to his school in Australia and wanted to live a comfortable though extravagant life for himself so he bought lots of expensive stuffs with his credit card. He bought a TV set, a DVD player of his choice, a beautiful ipod Nano of high quality, and as well furnish his apartment with expensive luxuries of life. He had bought all these with his credit card.

The semester was done with and summer break came, he had to go back to the US. There was a house party that was organized by his parents for his coming and a few of their family friends were invited. Billy then took one of his childhood friends for a walk in the sitting room. On the couch in the sitting room was his father lying down sleeping. Billy then said to his friends "When I got to Australia, "I bought a TV set, a DVD player and furnished my room and paid with my credit card and guess what? I got away with it" As soon as he was done saying this, His father whom they thought was asleep sat back on the couch and said "Billy, I paid the bills".
Billy's heartbeat increased as he became sober and said "Dad, I am sorry".

Dear reader, I want you to know, Billy only thought he had gone away with his debts whereas he actually didn't - it was paid by someone. Likewise, we all in this world are indebted but someone has paid it all for us. We have lived reckless lives as if nothing matters, some didn't even live reckless lives but have one way or the other forgotten the God that created them - this is also a debt.

But I have a good news for you today; Jesus paid the prize; He has settled your bill. He just might not have told you about it but here he has sent us to tell you about it.
He has settled your bills with his death on the cross. He died for you and I so that we no longer live a reckless life but a life in peace with him. He paid our ransom so we no longer live in debt and absolute despair but live a life full of grace and mercy from God our father. Like Billy, all God want you to now do, is to be sober and tell him you are sorry by accepting Jesus into your life today. If you are ready to accept him, say this prayer after me;


"Jesus, I know you have paid my bills
On the cross
Now I am no longer indebted;
I am free of debt because of your death

Come then and be the Saviour and Lord of my life

Forgive me all my sins of the past and of the present

Give me a new life; a life of peace, joy and hope in you

Thank you Jesus for accepting me in to your kingdom

Write my name in the book of life
In Jesus mighty name I pray; Amen"


If you have said this prayer, we would like to hear from you: please email us at lettersofgrace@gmail.com.

God bless you and enjoy a new life in Him.
Authors: Moyosore and Mayowa

3 Responses so far.

  1. Nicolás says:

    I want to congratulate you for these blogs you've created.

    It made me feel better and to think about our hopes and how we miserable we are without Jesus. We should never lose our faith. I feel really happy with your words.

    I'm from Chile, and I'm 22 as you are, so I hope this blog could be read by other people.

    God bless you.

    Nico.

  2. Unknown says:

    Thank you very much Nicolas. We are very grateful.

    Our vision for this blog is that it reaches every part of the world touching lives, healing wounds and transforming destinies.

    Do help introduce your unsaved friends to it and We believe the Holy spirit in his divine ability will touch their hearts and minds to accepting Jesus into their live.
    We would love to hear more from you Nico; do email us so we can correspond.

    Once again, God bless you.

    Moyosore & Mayowa

  3. Just found your blog after visiting Crown of Beauty....
    wonderful post! I'll be checking in again!

    Peace&Love,
    Lis