Pages

Thursday, March 20, 2008

WELCOME HOME

0 comments
 

David Rodriguez, the father of Palto Rodriguez, a farmer in east Brazil, loves his son so much despite his irresponsible manners. No matter what Palto does, it would never reduce David's love for him as Palto is his only son and child. "He is everything to me" he says to his neighbours each time. oh! How he loved Palto.

One day, David had a quarrel with Palto and Palto ran out of the house for days. David couldn't take not having a sight on Palto as each day passes. Palto seem to be the reason for his living, the essence of his existence as a father. He couldn't imagine Palto not there beside him, at bed times each night, despite his wayward attitude. He missed the way, he would cover him with the blanket before they both sleep. Each night, as it passes into the other day, he imagined where Palto could have spent the night - this made him more worried.

David couldn't sleep for the days Palto was away. He had started growing weak at this predicament that has befallen him. He wanted a way to express his love to Palto wherever he was at that time, to make him know, his love for him is endless and he cant stand his absence. He went around the neighbourhood promising royalties to anyone that finds Palto.

One day, he decided to go to a popular bookstore in town. He then made a paper publicity stating "Palto, I miss you so much; wherever you are; I just want to make you understand that papa is sorry and I love you so much. Please come home". "You can wait for me here on tomorrow, I will come pick you and we will go back home together" He added.

David Rodriguez couldn't wait for the dawn of the morning. He rushed out the next day to check if his son was there. When he got to the bookstore, he found seven boys standing beside the paper publicity he had made. When he asked each of them who they were waiting for; each of them said "My name is Palto and I am here to meet my Dad".

=========================================================
Dear reader, we human are all like Palto. One way or the other, we have run away from home. We have despised our heavenly father. We have forgotten our creator. We have walked away from our root. His love for us is undying.

"For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believes on him, shall not perish but have everlasting life" - John 3:16.

Its time for us to come home. Our father is standing at the door with his hands wide open to receive us back home, if only we would make the decision to come back home today.

"Now is the accepted time, today is the day of salvation". - 2 Cor 6:2

Beloved, now is the accepted time, don't postpone the day of your coming home. Father is standing at the door, waiting with his hands open wide to receive you.

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him..." - Revelation 3:20

Please, don't delay; Jesus is beckoning on you today.

If you desire to come back home, say this prayer: "Lord Jesus, I have known the truth, and I acknowledge that I am a sinner. Just like Palto, I have run away from home and here am I back in your arms; receive me Lord. Wash me with your blood that was shed for me. Write my name in the Book of Life. Give me the grace to live my life for you. Thank you Lord Jesus for receiving me back home. In Jesus name I pray. Amen"

If you just said that prayer, you are now a child of God. Welcome back home. We would love to hear from you. Always remember: GOD LOVES YOU!!! REMAIN BLESSED!!

Email us: lettersofgrace@gmail.com or just pen down your comments.